Thursday, November 6, 2008

Friendly People

After work today I did my part to ward off the serious side effects of the flu. I went to one of our Walgreen's stores and rolled up my sleeve and told the person in the uniform to be gentle. Apparently the clerk in the camera department was not authorized to give the shot. He told me I would have to go talk to someone else.

I felt a little foolish rolling up my sleeve like that so I figured I would really look prepared for the shot. I walked over to the fragrance department and dropped my pants notifying the painted lady behind the counter that I "was ready".

Now that move really got the ball rolling. In mere seconds the store manager was running down the isle waving his arms. So being the friendly person that I am, I started waving back. These folks are really friendly. The woman behind the counter was also waving her arms, kind of like the guys who wave their arms at the airplanes as they are about to hit the terminal.

This was turning into a real party except for several older ladies who rushed out of the store covering their eyes mumbling something about democrats. Those same blue haired ladies met several police officers who were rushing in the door. They were also very friendly as they were waving their night sticks at something. MMMmm bees you suppose?

The cops worked their way back to the crowd that had formed around me and said something to me about pulling up my pants.

Now what the heck was this all about? I thought I would drop my pants in advance so they could give me my shot without having to wait for me. By this time several other people had formed a line behind me and dropped their pants as well. It took them a bit longer to drop'em because they were carrying little brown bags with a bottle in them. I suppose they were just trying to keep up their fluid levels prior to receiving their shots. They were soon arrested for drinking in public and taken back to the shelter.

And me? How was I to know that I was to get the shot in my arm instead of the butt?

No harm done, just a little mistake. I am now looking for another location to receive my shot. I have been banned from Walgreen's. One of the cops said that I may get the immunization at the jail when the public health department is there taking care of the inmates. Now what would I be doing at the jail? My court date is next Wednesday.

Check back soon as I am going to tell you about the best Chinese food around.

As always, thanks for stopping in and make sure you visit again for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

No comments: