Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Don't Break A Hip

When we went to bed last night it was 20 degrees outside. When we got up this morning it was 30 degrees. Great news.....so I thought.

After brewing up a pot of coffee I went outside at about 7:15 and thought to myself "this isn't bad at all" until I discovered that everything was coated in ice.

It warmed up just enough to allow the light snow to turn to rain then ice.

I have the day off from work today for Veterans Day so I will be doing some projects around the house and property.

One of my goals is to chop leaves one more time with the tractor. The leaves are all off the trees now so if it warms up just a few more degrees the little bit of snow we have may melt so I would not look so silly out there mowing the snow!

I will let you know how that turns out.

If that gets done I will be calling our son Ben to come over for the annual switching of the tractor accessories. It is time to go from mower deck to chains and blower.

The annual switch can be interesting because of the timing. I want to keep it in mowing mode long enough to pulverize the last of the leaves....but I also want to get the blower put on before the first substantial snow.

Wish me luck.

Tune in again soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's nothing but rain here, but this weekend will be nice. you guys should come over for dinner! -sv

Bob said...

Sounds good to me. I will talk to Sue. Bob