Monday, October 6, 2008

Saturday's Big Adventure

Oh what a life! We slept in getting up at the crack of nine. Sue cooked up a big breakfast consisting of eggs,sausage, pancakes and coffee.

Just before we took off for some late season garage saling and exploring, Sue caught this while pelican in the viewfinder of the camera.



Before leaving the campground we shot a few pictures of some great scenery.






No sooner had we left the campground we caught another photo opportunity. We stumbled upon a small wine vineyard.




Just down the road was an old barn that had seen better days. I just hate seeing old farm buildings that are neglected.

In so many areas of Minnesota we see wind power popping up. There is a good reason that Minnesota is the second largest producer of wind energy.

These two windmills are near Winnebago, MN and help produce electricity for an ethanol plant.


Wind energy sure makes sense to me and I am pleased every time I see these babies producing power for us.

I have more pictures for you. I will post them soon so make sure you tune in again for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"


3 comments:

Ben Meyer said...

I also love seeing wind power going up. Clean, no emissions, wind is free. I've passed several trucks on Highway 14 hauling the towers for wind turbines. They are GIGANTIC when you pass one on the road.

Scott said...

Oregon is puttin up a bunch of wind collectors. The farmers are reportedly getting $15,000 per windmill per year just to lease the land for the baase. More power to 'em (pun intended).
I too hate to see old barns die. Nobody wants to be a farmer anymore.

Bob said...

WOW....$15,000 is about $10,000 more per yesr than they get here.
I love your blog...have you found the sun yet? Bob