Friday, October 3, 2008

Getting Ready To Take Off

Oh Man....It's Friday and all is good! I have a few seconds to write before Sue arrives home and we can take off for the weekend.

I was out of town early this week for a state meeting "up North" as we say here in Minnesota. We had state meetings and a nice going away party for my good friend Roger D. who is retiring after 30+ years with the company.

We had a nice little party for him one night and had a great time roasting him and showering him with gag gifts.

Here are a few pictures....all innocent so none of us can be incriminated.






Best wishes Roger and happy fishing.

Speaking of fishing....we have a great spot reserved on Lura lake for the weekend. Just out the door of our camper will be the lake about 20 feet away. I hope the fish are as excited as we are.

Our oldest son Ben is celebrating his 30th birthday Saturday. My, where did the years go? We are very proud of him and feel blessed that he turned out to be such a fine person. We are getting together next week to celebrate with he and his wife Anna. Those two are something else! All good of course.

I had better run....Tune in again soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

1 comment:

Ben Meyer said...

I hope your camping trip goes great! Thank you for the kind words about me, but you also forgot to include the words: devious, mischievous, immature, and jackass.

In other news, I've started blogging again at http://hyperchicken.blogspot.com