Saturday, October 25, 2008

Git er'done

What a beautiful day here in Southern Minnesota. In fact, we all think this is about it for "nice days" till spring. Now isn't that a shame? It is sunny and near 60 today with forecast highs tomorrow of 40 at best.

Seizing the opportunity, I rearranged the leaves out on the property with my tractor. Not to worry, as new leaves were replacing the old ones.

I also rolled up my sleeves and took up the yearly task of winterizing the camper. That is always a sad project, but necessary if I don't want to replace the water system.

I drained all the holding tanks as well as all the water lines and hot water heater then filled the lines with RV antifreeze. That should hold her till spring when I repeat the process in reverse.

I also emptied the unit of all food and other items that could freeze. Seven bags later, it was stripped out of all delectables that could lure in mice. Pleasant thought if you know what I mean.

Sue cleaned the main floor and upstairs of the house...the one with no wheels. I guess I did not time my tasks just right as I got in on a few of those duties as well. :)

Big day coming up Sunday. The installer for Directv will be here to install the new high definition satellite system and the dvr. I always thought the digital picture on the big TV was good. Ben, our oldest son, says the new picture will be ten times better. If that is the case, I may have to take motion sickness pills before watching the action on the 62 inch screen.

I thought it was strange that the company would be doing installations on Sundays, but they tell me business is good. That is good to hear.

I will update you on the installation.

Until then, make plans to tune in again real soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

1 comment:

Ben Meyer said...

I'm tellin you, HDTV is going to look better than DVD movies on that giant TV of yours. I can see the difference on my much smaller 50" TV. lol