Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Moving Day....Kind Of

We spent several hours this evening moving our "stuff" from the downstairs family room and bedroom up to the upper floor. We are not moving onto the main floor just yet, but the real dirty construction work if finished and we can sleep upstairs once again.
My own bed....oh how I miss it! Tonight will be a night of great pleasure as I have a feeling the "feathers" have missed me as I have missed them.

The electrician will be back Wednesday to finish up and Bruce and Mike will be here to do some touch up painting, grout work and cleaning. We cleaned the upstairs bedrooms and bathroom of the construction dust so just the carpets need cleaning.

We seem to have had a setback in the weather of late. As I write this we are having some very light snow, but still nothing like the blizzards in the Northern part of the state. I am hoping that Spring will show signs of appearing next week.

Our courageous disaster volunteers have been doing a great job in the Red River area of Minnesota and North Dakota. We may even see some of them coming home in the next week or so if the water conditions continue to improve.

Once again....my kudos to these fine people!

Tune in again real soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

No comments: