Monday, March 16, 2009

Lots Of Excitement

Lots of excitement alright, but not the kind we have grown to know and love.
Here is my story:
Sunday night we received a call at about 8:30 from "The Harv". I asked him how he was doing and he said "terrible".
For a retired salty sailor to say that, concerns were had by all. He told me he was having chest pains so I immediately did what any caring son in law would do. I told him we were busy and I hung up the phone.
Just kidding! :) Lets try this again....I did what any caring son in law would do....I handed the telephone to Sue and cracked open another beer.
Once determining the possible severity of the symptoms, we quickly changed clothes and raced to town and picked up The Harv and Molly for a trip to the emergency room.
Once there, they got him in right away and started doing every test under the sun.
At 2AM they wheeled him up to his room and we all headed home.
This morning (Monday) they ran a wire through his arm into his heart in the hospital's heart Lab and discovered that one of his arteries was 95% blocked. BINGO! They opened it up and he is now resting comfortably and expected to go home tomorrow (Tuesday). All is well.

On a non medical emergency note, Bruce and Mike did a fine job cleaning up the floors and covering them with protective paper. They primed the walls in the living room and dining room. They did a great job and it looks 100 times better already.

They had the primer tinted so the paint will cover better when they apply it tomorrow.

We are really hoping they continue the progress so we can move back upstairs this coming weekend. The real dirty work should be behind them at that point and I see no reason why we can's sleep in a familiar bed on the second floor.

I have no reason not to believe the move won't be possible as I have great faith in these guys.

Just a gorgeous day here in Minnesota as the temp hit 66 degrees today with clear sunny skies.

I do hope that you are able to tune in again real soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

2 comments:

Gypsy said...

I'd say Harv is one lucky man; lucky he called you, and lucky you have a wife who is able to diagnose an emergency and prescribe a trip to the emergency room! Hope Harv gets well soon.

gypsy

Bob said...

We are both First aid and CPR/AED trained and know what to look for. Thank goodness for modern medicine. Thanks for the well wishes Gypsy!
Bob