Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cast Iron Cooking

We are beginning to see glimpses of Spring around Coyote Ridge these days. The days are getting longer by just over three minutes a day and the cold does not have the dead of Winter bite to it.

These hints of good weather have me thinking about getting outdoors more and discovering new areas with our camper.

We recently purchased some new cooking equipment to take with us on our adventures. It seems that the larger the RV, the more stuff we think we need.

Anyway, we have been reading up on cast iron cooking and thought back to Grandma's cooking and how good it was. Chances are very good that yours used cast iron as mine did.

Here are a few pictures of the stuff we purchased to do some of that fine old fashioned cooking.

It all started with this......


Those that know me realize that I can't stop with one item. I tend to obsess and of course start accessorizing...



Next on the purchase parade will be a special coal table for a surface area to work the cast iron magic....


I have a new feature on the blog. If any topic sparks an interest in you, just type some key words into the search box to the right and you will be directed to sponsors who may be able to help you. They sure help me, as I make a few cents when someone visits their site.

One of these days we will break in the old iron and I will relay along to you our results.

Until then, make sure you tune in real often for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

No comments: