Sunday, March 29, 2009

Getting There

Friday, the construction Kings, Bruce and Mike, had another full day. They built the stone wall that will be behind the stove/fireplace. Monday they play in the mud again so they can sharpen their cake decorating skills by practicing with an oversize pastry bag and cement. In other words, they will be filling in the mortar between the rocks and making it look "pretty".


The floor is down and has been covered so it would not get damaged. Here is a shot of it before being cleaned. It sure is dirty now, but that to shall be taken care of.


Saturday, while Sue and daughter-in-law Anna were at a scrap booking party, I grabbed a paint brush and painted the coat closet. It was a putrid green. Now it is Rushmore Stone, a color that matches much of the interior walls. Sunday I trimmed out the floor.


While I was in the trimming mood, we also trimmed out the floor in the main floor bath. That total re-do is about 99% complete.

For those of you who have visited the Ridge, you have I am sure noticed the unfinished front door that my friend Tom and I installed six years ago. It needed to be firred out and trimmed. I am happy to report that after six years...the job is done. Now the door needs to be painted. I sure hope that doesn't take another six years to complete!



Last week the guys also trimmed out the back windows that overlook the three season porch. Right now the porch is more or less being used for storage while we work on the house.


Much more was accomplished this weekend, but I will save that for another time.

Andy and his girlfriend Sarah are vacationing at a cabin in the mountains somewhere around Seattle,WA. I will be anxious to see the pictures as I saw on a website that it has an outside hot tub with a gorgeous view. They are celebrating four years together this week.

Lots more to do yet today so I had better run along.....but I do hope that you tune in again real soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

Bob, that stone wall is absolutely gorgeous!!! It goes the color of the paint perfectly, as well as the floor, and will be beautiful when all is finished and everything in place. Great job!

gypsy