Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Little Ice

Just like the weather prognosticators predicted, we received some freezing rain last night. I tried to capture it this morning as the sun was hitting the ice covered trees out here at Coyote Ridge.

If you look real close you can see the shine, or maybe not.




The ice should last a while as it is still below zero as I peck away on the keyboard.

We have opted for a lazy day today in hopes of recharging our batteries after a very busy few weeks. We will see if that really happens.

Tune in again real soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

3 comments:

Ben Meyer said...

I let my car run for about 10 minutes this morning before I went to go scrape off the ice. After 3 minutes of scraping, I still hadn't hit actual glass, so I let it sit for another 10 minutes before attempting again.

I got it all scraped off, but I was exhausted afterward.

Bob said...

I had no idea the ice was that thick. How were the roads? Dad

Ben Meyer said...

The roads really weren't all too bad, I just kept it about 10mph under the limit and was able to control it just fine.