Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Break It To Her Gently

OK, I received a nice picture of my niece's daughter Halie the other day.

My niece (brother's daughter) is named Emily and for years I have told her that she is my favorite niece on that side of the family.

I have to make sure I don't offend my other nieces because I think they could get real mean real quick!

Anyway, I think Emily, the one who I always call my favorite, does not realize that she is my only niece.

I know she is a regular blog reader and I have to come clean on this.

Emily, you are now in your 20's and I think it is time you understand that you are my favorite niece by default. There, I said it.

All kidding aside, Emily is a very nice person and I just had to wait until she was old enough to understand and accept the facts as they are.

OK, now Ms. Halie:


What a fine looking young American!

Tune in again soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA you are too funny!!! I may be blonde but i know i am your only niece :) but you are still my favorite uncle :) LOL Hope to see you and aunt sue soon!!!

Bob said...

You just scored some good points Emily! Uncle Bob

Anonymous said...

Bob this is David..... Emily has spent the past few nights crying herself to sleep. She hasn't been eating much either I think you might want to tell her you were joking! Then balance can be restored.

Bob said...

OMG...Now I have really done it. I have ticked off a niece. :)
Thanks for the tip David. I had better do something special for her. How bout a new CD. Does she still like opera?

Anonymous said...

I don't know about opera but she loves mozart that should do the trick!