Saturday, February 28, 2009

Next Up....Sheet Rock Crew

At about 1:00 this afternoon the insulating crew left after two and a half days of blowing in closed cell insulation. This is incredible stuff as it fills every nook and cranny with it's super insulating powers. I have no doubt that my heating bills will be cut in half with this stuff.

The rockers will be here bright and early Monday morning to dazzle us with their board hanging abilities. They will be followed by the "Bruce and Mike Show". Those two multi talented fellows will do the taping and mudding.

We still have lots to do, but we are happy so far with the progress and the quality of work being performed by the various trades.

Sue is feeling about the same(not that good) but I am confident that the proverbial "rounding the corner" is just up the road a piece.

My friend Scott from Arizona caught the virus that Sue has and I had. As a precaution, please wash your hands after visiting this site!

Tune in again soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Bob & Sue.....Alain here. I'm just catching up on your blog and I am amazed at what I'm reading about he water damage to your home. I had no idea that this type of damage would warrant such extensive repair.

I'm with State Farm also and they really did well by me with I have my house fire almost 20 years ago. Diane and I had some water damage here due to ice build up and I never thought to go to the insurance company about it. I just repaired the damage myself and I installed heat tape on the eaves of my house to prevent this from happening again. Best move I ever made. Now I've seen several of my neighbors installed heating wires on their homes and I can only imagine that they are suffering from similar ice build=up also.

It's looking like your home will be better than ever when all the work is done. Anxious to see how it all works out.

Diane and I were at the 35th Annual Northeast RV show near NYC to look at three RV's that we're interested in by not sold locally. One is the 32ft Born Free with twin beds built on a Big Chevy truck chassis and the other is a 30ft Phoenix built on a Ford van chassis with twin beds and a rear bath. Both reek of quality and I give the edge to the Born Free rig. It's the prices of these things that chokes me up. Diane is asking me to go to Humboldt, Iowa where the Born Free is manufactured to see an exact model that we want. Maybe you'll have house guests.

alepel

Bob said...

Greetings Alain: Born Free is top of the line my friend. My uncle had one for years and it was unreal. Top notch everything. Humbolt is just a hop-skip and a jump from here. How exciting would that be to get together!
State Farm has gone out of their way to make sure everything is done right. To this point, I am impressed with everything from reporting the claim right down to all the invididual crafts that have had a hand in the process.
I will keep the photo journal going as I know you like Pictures...Pictures...Pictures!
Bob