Saturday, February 7, 2009

Like Kids In A Candy Store

I mentioned in a previous post that we were going to a RV show this weekend. We did, and it was total bliss!
We were kids in a candy shop with so many neat RV's to inspect, drool over and maybe even a bit of lusting. Let me re-phrase that, there was a LOT of lusting going on!!!!
Friday we entered the Alltel Civic Center and were greeted by dozens of sparkeling fiberglass homes on wheels just begging to be entered, poked and prodded. Yup, this was RV heaven at it's best.
Those of you who know us well are probably saying to yourselves "I wonder which one they bought?"
The answer to that question will just have to wait.
We picked up some cool items for the rig.
We needed a new mat to put by the front door so we picked out this really cool 9X12' patio mat and carrying case.




Catalogue picture....

Royal Black / Silver 9 X 12 Reversible RV Patio Mat


Indoor/Outdoor Mats the newest reversible designs from Patio Mats. Made to withstand rain and sun exposure as well as mold and mildew. Lightweight: 9´ x 12´ just 10 lbs. They are the perfect accent for any outdoor or indoor living area.

Now you can bring the beauty of the indoors outdoors! The newest designs from PatioMats provide all-weather style to your deck, patio or wherever you’d like to add some style and comfort. These beautiful designer color mats are reversible – so you actually get two mats in one! Their rugged good looks are made to withstand rain and sun exposure as well as mold and mildew. They’re the perfect accent for any outdoor or indoor living area.

Trying to capture all the comforts of home and still be mindfull of space, one has to look for stuff that weighs less and can be folded up to save space.
We found this really cool broom that folds down to about 18 inches and expands to 52 inches.



Oh yes, back to the question of purchasing that new RV.......

Tune in again soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

2 comments:

Scott said...

No sense buying a big rig if you are going to spend the winter in Mankato. You need to be down here in he valley of the sun!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob alepel here. I haven't been on your blog in awhile because I'm kept out of it from work. At home in the evening I often don't think about it.

I read with interest that your shopping for a RV. Sounds like the Fifth wheel is going to be your choice.

Diane and I are going to the 35th Annual Northeast RV show in Suffern NY. I selected this particular RV show because there are two Class C's I am interested in and they will both be there.

One that I really like is the Born Free Class C. It has a twin bed model that Diane and I feel that we want. Born Free is highly rated by third party consumer groups. The other model I'm interested in is the Phoenix, again a Class C. Then we want to look at some of the sprinter class C models. Winnebago has one and so does Gulfstream and Coach House.

Diane and I are looking at Class C rigs as opposed to A or TT because we feel that a Class C is good for our type of travel needs. We are not looking for long term travel or full time RV'ing. We want to travel for 1 to 3 weeks at a time and then back to home. I'm still learning and anything can change. For example I just learned of the Gulfstream Marqi and it is an exciting new concept of Class A rigs. Seems the industry may start to go shorter instead of longer. The Marqi really utilizes floorspace better than anything I've seen.

Well I"ll try to keep up with you in the future.

alepel