Saturday, February 14, 2009

Time to Spare? Go By Air!

I have been out of town on business most of the week. Not my favorite thing to do for sure, but a necessary evil just the same.

Last Sunday I took a shuttle from our home to Minneapolis to connect with my flight from the Twin Cities to Phoenix then on to San Jose, California.

After being herded through security (darn, no cavity search again) I found my way to US Airways terminal.

Almost immediately I could hear the announcer at almost every gate asking people to give up their seats because they were over booked.

OK, a full flight is one thing, but to overbook all the time just isn't right.

Anyway, it came time to start herding us onto the plane with everyone trying to get on with their baggage. Let me stop here for a second. US Air charges you $15 to check a bag. I am sure no one is cutting down on baggage, they are just getting more creative on how they get their "stuff" aboard the aircraft.

I saw several people wearing at least 4-5 layers of clothing so they would not get robbed by the airline.

With all the buy out offers for tickets and overdressed people trying to get through the small doorway to the plane, we were running late already. Before the people could sit down, they had to start peeling the layers of cloths off and of course they were holding up the show so others could not get on the plane and to their seats.

Once everyone was settled in it was time to back out and begin our journey Westward.

That is where I will pick up the story for you when you check in to find out "Now What Are They Doing?"

1 comment:

Ben Meyer said...

The more I fly, the less I like it. I think I'll take a train next time.