Friday, April 25, 2008

Weather and Bike Update

If you have the privilege of living in Minnesota, you know that the weather can be beyond belief or comprehension. This year is no exception. Here it is, the end of April and parts of Minnesota are preparing for another slam from Mizz(stands for miserable) Mother Nature.

Flood Watch in effect through this evening...
Winter Storm Warning in effect from noon today to 6 am CDT Saturday...
Today
Breezy...snow. Daytime snow accumulation of 5 to 7 inches. Highs 35 to 40. North winds 15 to 25 mph.
» ZIP Code Detail
Tonight
Breezy. Snow in the evening...then snow likely after midnight. Overnight snow accumulation of 6 to 8 inches. Total snow accumulation 11 to 15 inches lows 23 to 28. North winds 15 to 25 mph becoming northwest 10 to 20 mph in the late evening and overnight

Now what is that all about!

We had 1.75 inches of rain yesterday and the creeks are really running. I snapped this picture of what is normally a tiny creek that usually is dry. Not this morning.



Good news about the sale of Sue's bike. I listed it on Craigslist yesterday and within 15 minutes I had a call on it. They came out last evening and looked at it and loved it. They put a deposit down on it and will pick it up the first nice day we have.

Now here is the weird part. I sold my bike about a month ago to a guy named Gary. The guy buying Sue's bike...his name? Gary! Now what are the chances of that happening?

So there were are. Tune in again for yet another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my name is Gary and I understand that you might have a motorcycle for sale? How funny is that. Two Gary's.

Hey what's with this weather shazit? Enough already. We are blessed here. Our spring has been early this year. Started last weekend. This is the first time in a very long time that I can remember spring buds showing themselves before May 1st. This year come May 1st ALL of our trees will be in full leaf status.

I no sooner got home from work last night and Diane was dragging me back out the door to go down to the local shopping mall that was having a huge outdoor RV sale. We must have walked through no less than 12 Class C motorhomes. We got a pretty good idea of what we liked and what we didn't like. We also treated ourselves to looking at some $200K Class A rigs. WOW! Are they nice. Too nice actually. They better appointed than our home and these are rigs that you are suppose to "camp" in. One thing that surprised me was that you could buy a pretty decent used Class A for the price of some Class C rigs. I've been doing a lot of reading of late on the RV stuff and I am learning a lot. The one thing I am impressed with is that there is no clear cut direction. Class A vs Class C motorhomes. Each has it own distinct advantages and one outweighs the other. I am glad that I am not facing any kind of decision in the immediate future. My wife said to me yesterday that she was glad that I liked to do research and she was right. However sometimes I do drive myself a little nuts trying to make up my mind. Too many things influence me and I sway back and forth too much. And in the RV world that is easy to do.

Well this weekend there is another huge RV show/sale going on and Diane and I are going to go and window shop somemore. It's going to rain today and Saturday so no riding until Sunday.

Bob said...

Happy hunting my friend! Pretty crazy, don't you agree?
The search process is half the fun. It has been so cold that I don't dare "summerize" the camper yet. Now that is a cryin shame.
Bob