Sunday, September 21, 2008

Not What You Expected

I know I promised to maybe wrap up our latest trip with words and pictures...but I don't think that will happen.

I received a call this morning at 1:30 from the police department saying that approximately 30 people needed lodging after a shooting at an apartment complex.

Apparently someone of interest barricaded themselves in one of the units and officials wanted to clear the area for safety purposes.

All of our "guests" are bedded down now and things are quiet until they can go back home.

Things must be progressing slowly because it is 5am and everyone is still here.

In my attempt to keep some humor flowing this early Sunday morning I dug back into a cute email our daughter in-law Anna sent recently.

I hope you enjoy it.

HOW TO INSTALL A HOME SECURITY SYSTEM:

1. Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work boots.

2. Place them on your front porch, along with several empty beer cans, a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine and several NRA magazines.

3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazines.

4. Leave a note on your door that reads:

'Hey Bubba, Big Jim, Duke and Slim, I went to the gun shop for more ammunition. Back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls -- they attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up real bad. I don't think Killer took part in it but it was hard to tell from all the blood.

PS - I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside.'

INSTALLATION COMPLETE !!!

Till next time...Stop back soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

No comments: