Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Day Two Continued

Day two was another great day. As you read in the previous blog, we drove to the northern most park on this trip and started heading south again to hit some more "targets".

All of a sudden a yellow plane came swooping down over the highway laying down chemicles...WOW....this is WAY cool! Airplanes and toxic chemicals are what I am all about. Sue.....stop the truck, we have to get out and get a closer look.

So there we are looking up to the sky with our mouths wide open. From the sheer excitement of the moment I am sure I was even breathing heavy!

I am a real sucker for airplanes, so I did get a bit carried away with pictures.











I have lots more to talk about from day two,but I will leave that for another time.

Tune in again real soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

2 comments:

Ben Meyer said...

those pilots are just insane! They dont screw around either, they seem to fly that stuff full-throttle, dive-bomb at the field, and do it over and over again.

I really hope he had headphones on playing the theme song from the movie Top Gun.

Anonymous said...

Crop dusters are a common fixture up here in no-man's-land (where fields abound)...it's not unusual to get buzzed by one of those planes while you're driving down a highway or road here. Spring, summer and fall. I used to think it was really cool and now I take it for granted because that's just part of the "charm" up here. :-)