Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Rant Is Over

Those of you who follow this blog know that we like to camp...but not necessarily "rough it". Ever since this Spring we have not been able to get the hot water heater to work in our camper. My good friend Alain out in New York State has even helped me troubleshoot the problem. The first thing he asked before we got too technical was "are you sure the water heater bypass valve is open?" Well I fiddled with every water valve I could find and it still did not work.

So after work yesterday we took the camper to the RV repair shop and dropped it off. They called today saying that the valve was closed and it should have been open. I will be sure to ask them to tag that valve so I can find it. The good news is that they did not have to start throwing parts at the water heater.

So there we go....once again...nice hot showers...while roughing it.



Tune in again soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bob....so glad that you got that problem solved. The thought of you camping out in the 'wild' without a shower would be an offense to the environment. Looking at the photo of your truck and camper hitched together reminds me of days gone by when I use to do the same thing. Only difference was my truck was Blue. ;-)

Truth be told your camping makes me jealous. I would love to take my wife camping and teach her how to 'adapt' to the camping experience. I believe that once she has the experience she would give up her 'city girl' attitudes about it.

Enjoy and don't forget the photos.

alepel