Sunday, June 1, 2008

Just Returned

Sue and I just returned home from a weekend camping trip. I will sort through the pictures and see what I have for our online show and tell.
In the interim.....I just found some pictures of this cute little restaurant called "Mother's Kitchen".

Their food was VERY good and almost under-priced. Hey, it was a great bargain for us as diners, but I do hope that they are charging enough to stay in business. The staff was exceptionally friendly with even the owner coming over to check on us.
Once again, this is a very small world. Come to find out, the owner and his wife were from Pennsylvania, our destination on this trip.
The proprietor told us that he uses his mom's recipes and some Amish women bake fresh pies six days a week for him. And yes, they use lard for the crust and are totally delicious.
Here are a few pictures for you.


The town itself was very nice and well kept. It had a great mix of old and new. That is so nice to see because so many towns just tear down the older buildings and loose so much history and character.

While we were there, I was expecting to see Andy of Mayberry giving us a warm welcome to their town. I don't mean that in a bad way at all. Those are our kind of communities.
Tune in again soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

No comments: