Saturday, March 22, 2008

We Are Going Where?






The date has been set and the destination determined. And now....the envelope please. We are going to Patton, Pennsylvania! Yup, you heard me right Jocko. We are taking off in May for the Eastern United States of America on an old fashioned road trip.

Sue's dad....Francis..aka...Sonny, Frank, Harv, dad, Grandpa, Doc...whatever... wanted to visit his hometown and Sue wanted me to see the area where they used to live.

Now, I have heard stories about this place and I have a few reservations about the trip, or at least the destination. By now I anticipate that most of the town has running water and personal hygiene has improved. I did a Google search and see that they also have several dentists. I am feeling better already

In all seriousness, I am looking forward to the excursion. We are going to take 8-9 days and take our time getting there. We are also planning on taking in Niagara Falls and traveling through parts of Canada.


I did some searching and found a hotel in Patton built in the 1800's. It is at the Miners' Restaurant. It has three rooms and a shared bathroom. This could get real interesting!

Sue's folks are really nice people and fun to be around so we are looking forward to this excellent adventure.

For those of you who don't know, Harv is a retired Navy Chief and has been known to occasionally tell a Navy story or two.

No comments: