Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pigging Out



Greetings and sorry for the lack of a post yesterday. I needed the time for my food to settle after a wonderful Easter feast this past Sunday.

What a grand time we had. The Easter event was well attended by of course Sue's parents Molly and Harv. It was at their home so it was a good idea that they were there. Also in attendance...Sue and I with Ben and his bride Anna. Sue's brother Mark and his wife Janet and one of their three kids. Also taking part in the festivities, Sue's youngest brother Chris his wife Joyce and their two children.

It is traditional that we all consumed enough food to feed a medium sized army. You would have thought that we had enough to eat when out comes the carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and ice cream. Oh my!

My parents in Des Moines went out to supper at Adventure Land in Altoona, Iowa with my brother Paul and his wife Margaret and their daughter and her husband and their daughter. Also attending...Paul and Margaret's son and his girlfriend. From all accounts, a good time was had by all.

We are going shopping tonight to return some clothes that we did not care for. We also have to go back to town to drop off a package at UPS. I was there earlier and they were closed. I do hate their hours as they are not necessarily consumer friendly.

It is very windy today and does not feel like it is in the 40's. The good thing about the wind is that it is really drying out the lane and yard.

I had better run. Thanks for stopping in.

No comments: