Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Some Of This & Some Of That

You can probably tell by the headline that this blog will be a virtual potpourri of stimulating topics!

Just a few updates....We are very excited about the news that our youngest son Andy is coming home for a visit in mid June. He lives in Seattle,WA and we haven't seen him forever. It will be nice to see him again.

The Toss For The Red Cross beanbag competition will be held this Saturday at Jaycee Park in Mankato,MN. We are expecting up to 128 teams to compete. That should be a VERY fun day. Bag Toss Link

This past weekends rain really greened up the new sod Ben and I put down Friday. It is just beautiful. We rolled it Monday evening after fertilizing it on Sunday. Now we can watch it grow.

Sunday afternoon Sue worked her magic making homemade soup. This time it was wild rice soup...and it is delicious!


The weather appears to be warming up and my thoughts are turning to de-winterizing the camper. I do indeed like those prospects!

Tune in again real soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

Mmmmmm. I just love it when you show pictures of Sue's kitchen creations. May I ask what goes into wild rice soup? Thanks. I've always eaten white rice and I think I tried the wild variety once years ago.

gypsy