Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Few More Easter Pictures & Using a GPS for Hunting

As promised, I am getting caught up on posting a few words and pictures.
When you last checked in you found out we had 25 guests at Coyote Ridge for Easter.

Of course I have a few more pictures of the suspects.







I have been finding the "lost" Easter eggs that we hid. I must tell you the secret to hiding Easter eggs.

We used the plastic eggs that contained candy and cash. It was very easy to number each one.

When each egg was placed in it's hiding spot I took a GPS reading of the location and entered the number on the egg and it's coordinates into my laptop spreadsheet..

When the kids found the eggs, I crossed then numbers off the list as found and was then left with the remaining eggs and their exact locations.

Pretty smart huh? Pretty nerdy? Yup!

Tune in again real soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

Oh, that sounds like CHEATING! I have no idea what geocaching is, and I don't intend to find out, but just from what I do know this sounds suspiciously like it. Geocaching Easter Eggs? What will they think of next!

By the way, was there enough cash inside the eggs to make it worthwhile to find them?

gypsy