Saturday, December 20, 2008

Is It Winter Yet?

I would say it is. Officially it arrives December 21st but we have been getting some pretty good blasts for the past month or so.

As I write this we are in a blizzard warning until 6:00 PM Sunday. With temps below zero and very high winds, our windchill is between 37 and 47 below zero.

I had the tractor out just after noon today and slowly made my way up our country lane to the county road. I turned around and started back only to find that my path was already drifted in. On to plan "B".

The wind wasn't so bad up near the house so I blew that out. I will just have to wait for the winds to die down before going back out.

This was a good day to get some Christmas baking done, so we did.




Tune in again soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

1 comment:

Ben Meyer said...

I'm just glad you were able to get the snowblower working again. Of all the days for it to misbehave!