Monday, August 25, 2008

Sheriffs Possee Red Cross Ride For The Red

What a great day we had Sunday. Between 400 and 500 motorcyclists getting together to raise money for a good cause.

It was our 4th. annual ride, touring the beautiful landscapes of Southern Minnesota.

The ride began at about 9 am with the sheriffs from six counties each leading a group of bikers from their prospective counties. The temperature was a cool 60 degrees when the ride started, but it quickly warmed into the mid 70's with no wind. It was absolutely gorgeous!

The ride ended with a great supper and many door prizes for the deserving riders.

Since Sue and I have retired from the bikes, we volunteered to work the registration area from 7:30 until about 3:30. We had a great time with our super volunteers and the wonderful participants.

We are already planning next years ride.

Before I go, I thought you might enjoy this.





.

This morning on the Interstate,
I looked over to my left and there was a
Woman
In a brand new
Cadillac
Doing 75 mph
With her
Face, up next to her
rear view mirror
Putting on her eyeliner.
I looked away
for a couple seconds!
And when I looked back she was
halfway over in my lane,
s till working on that makeup.


As a man, I don't scare easily.
But she scared me so much;

I dropped My electric shaver ,
which knocked The donut
Out of my other hand.
In all the confusion of trying
to straighten out the car
using my knees against
the steering wheel, it knocked
my cell phone away from my ear,
which fell, into the coffee
between my legs,
splashed, and burned
the boys,
ruined the darn phone,
soaked my trousers,
and disconnected an
important call.
Damn women drivers!!




Tune in again real soon for pictures of the bike ride and yet another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

No comments: