Saturday, August 30, 2008

Old and New

On a previous post I talked about staining the front and back decks. I do hate unfinished projects so Sue blew off the front deck and prepared it for it's second coat of stain today.
Here is the before picture...before the cleaning and first coat.

I had no idea it looked so bad until we cleaned it and put on two coats of stain/sealer.

What a nice feeling....getting stuff done!
This morning, after consuming morning caffeine, we took our garbage and recyclables to the Saturday morning drop off spot. We don't seem to generate much garbage so once a month we do the deed.
I did some repair on the lane and driveway while Sue piloted the roller.
At 2:00 I had a conference call regarding staffing the Republican National Convention. Nothing new to report there as everyone is behaving themselves so far. I hope that trend continues when it actually starts.
Our response crews are on standby until the convention is over. Then, we will have lots of people heading down to the Gulf Coast states responding to the hurricane. It sure would be nice if it fizzled out, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.
Tune in again soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

1 comment:

Ben Meyer said...

Wow the deck looks incredible! I think I'll have to do that to my deck here next year.