Saturday, July 19, 2008

Gittin It Done In The Rain

It is Saturday and you would think that sleeping in would be in order. Well, not today. We were up at 6:30 ready to do battle with projects. We gathered up all the garbage and went through some shelves and found even more junk to get rid of. We had enough to fill Sue's pickup truck and headed off to Nicollet where a garbage truck is parked every Saturday morning. This is a very nice service offered by the rural township where we live. The cost is included in our property taxes somewhere, so that makes it especially nice. Those who live down the road less than a mile are charged $2.00 per bag since they live in another township.

The truck takes anything except tires and batteries. They even take construction materials as long as it is not commercial construction waste.

Well, enough of that. I don't think you tuned in to hear about our garbage.

On our trip home it started raining and the forecast sounded like rain all day. I was not about to let a little rain deter me from mowing the lawn. I climbed aboard the tractor and off I went mowing. I was pretty wet when I finished an hour later but the lawn does look real nice.

Sue picked another mess of wild raspberries. This has been a good year with at least 3 gallons collected so far. She said that there are thousands more berries around the edge of our woods ready for picking in another day or two.

I just have to show you a couple of pictures. Some of my "biker" friends posted these pictures.




Can you imagine the power that 1975 Honda Goldwing has to generate to push those lights? One of my buddies said " I wonder if he gets to ride the bike or does he spend all his time replacing bulbs?"

That is all for now my good people. Tune in again soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

No comments: