Saturday, May 24, 2008

We Made It Home

What an adventure we had! I still need to check the number of miles we traveled during our seven day quest. I do know one thing, we had those tires rolling.
We pulled into the property shortly after midnight this morning after leaving from the other side of Flint, Michigan at about 9:00 yesterday morning. It was a full day of driving in LOTS of traffic, especially through Chicago and Madison, WI. It was obvious by the number of vehicles that this is a holiday weekend. In spite of all the traffic, we rolled up about 750 miles yesterday.
Thursday we saw Niagara Falls...WOW...that was a site to behold. I must have taken 100 pictures. Soon I will post them for you to enjoy.
I cant believe how busy we were. I didn't even have a chance to call my old motorcycle buddy, Alain, who lives near Rochester,NY. I will have to do a rain check on that call.
Several people have asked about the price of gasoline along the route. We saw everything from $3.67 in Minnesota to $4.26 in New York State. If you see an ad that interests you here on the blog, feel free to click on it so I can pay my gasoline bill. :)
Sue and I had a great time with her folks, Molly and Harv. They were real troopers and did a great job lasting through ten states and one Canadian Province.
I am ready to hit the road again but something called work keeps getting in the way.
Check back soon for some riveting pictures.

No comments: