Monday, June 8, 2009

I Don't Want Two New Phones!

OK, here is the story.

As you may already know, if you read my previous post, I purchased a new BlackBerry Curve 8330 on Friday. But there is more to the story.

We have a family plan with two telephones. I needed a new phone and Sue didn't. She doesn't even turn it on unless she wants to make a call. Her phone was basically brand new.

But the deal was that you get two new telephones, with the second phone "free" after rebate. I told them that I didn't need or want the second phone and asked them for a break. Nope. Then I told them I would take the phone, but don't activate it because her phone looks and operates like new. Nope, could not do that. So, they activated the new phone and her perfectly good phone is now retired.

Sue's new phone is the Hue II by Samsung.


Specs wise, the Hue II sports a 2.2-inch screen, GPS, Bluetooth, music player with dedicated control keys, 2 megapixel camera that can take both photos and videos, email app, 54MB of internal memory that is further expandable with microSD cards. The device measures 3.8×1.9×0.7 inches and has a weight of 3.4 ounces. The Hue II sales package includes a range of colored faceplates for the device.

Thanks goodness for Ebay. I always like to get multiple wall and car chargers for the cell phones. I purchased three car chargers, two wall chargers and a cell phone holster on Ebay for less than one car charger at the cell phone store. What a markup these stores have on accessories!

Tune in again real soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

No comments: