Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Update on the Eyeballs


Just a short update on my peepers.
As many of you know I had cataract surgery on both eyes recently. I could not believe that a person of my youth would need such a procedure. :)
Anyway, I had the left eye done first. The afternoon of surgery I had 20-70 vision in that eye. At the follow up exam the next morning at 8:00 I had 20-30 vision. At my one week post-op exam I had 20-20 vision...How great is that!
Last Tuesday I had my other eye done. 20-40 the day of surgery and the next day I had 20-20 vision. I have a follow up exam this Friday and am expecting the numbers to improve even more.
I have worn glasses for distance since the 5th grade and now I don't need them at all except for reading.
The reading glasses routine is getting old so I am going to see about getting bifocal contacts so I will not have to be groping for my readers every five minutes.
To make a long story short, I never knew how bad my eyesight was until I had the peepers fixed!

No comments: