Monday, July 19, 2010

A Great Weekend!

Like I said earlier, picking a new campground is like eating from a box of chocolates.You just never know what you are going to get. This campground was amazing! No pool, no games, no activities....just big beautiful sites and huge trees.

It is located South of Wells, MN in a very quiet area with no traffic noise...and get this....no noise from trains, not that I mind that, but it seems all campgrounds must be built near railroad tracks.
There were only 30 sites total so we had plenty of privacy because of the large sites and limited people using the campground.
We had access to the lake from our site and our dog Lucy really enjoyed the water. Can you tell?

We tend to explore for about a fifty mile radius wherever we go so this trip took us to Vinje,Iowa...population 6. There was a church and a bar. We went to the bar. The food was really, really good and inexpensive!


We ventured into Albert Lea and went to a very nice farmer's market. They had such nice produce, so I purchased chocolate chip cookies....they were delicious!
After that we went to the mall and a larger sporting goods store where Sue wanted to look for shorts. She found several pair that were just perfect for her. While she was trying them on I wondered around the store looking at things I didn't need until I spotted a rubber inflatable boat that would be just perfect to keep in the camper to use for fishing or just some lake cruising. At that point...I just had to have it. So like the cookies....I bought it.
Soon I will post a picture and other details.

3 comments:

Angela said...

I like how you suggest chocolate chip cookies are "produce". ;)

Happytrails said...

Population 6...wow, now that is a huge place.
Hope you all enjoy your new inflatable boat. We bought one (Sea Eagle) a few years ago and can't wait to get it in the water now that we are full-timing. You will really have fun. Now you need to do a fishing trip.

Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

Gypsy said...

Chocolate chip cookies are much more than produce - I think they contain all the food groups.

Wise choice - the bar!