Sunday, May 8, 2011

This and That

Because of Sue's double knee replacement surgery a week ago, we are staying close to home here at Coyote Ridge.
Her surgery was very successful and her recovery is going great!
I think she looks real good...don't you?

She goes to physical therapy three days a week and works the knees at home with special exercises at least three times per day.
Saturday was a beautiful day to work outside so I decided to strip the old stain off the front and back decks. What a mess!

I blasted about 80% of the stain off with my power washer. The rest will be taken off with a chemical stain remover. I will then re-stain and if done right, should last several more years.
Yesterday we had several hummingbirds and two Baltimore Orioles at the feeders. No pictures of the birds as they are so skittish early in the season.

I fixed the tires on my tractor dump cart this weekend so I can drive around and "haul stuff". It is a real guy thing, but absolutely necessary if I want to get all my projects finished in a reasonable amount of time.
I was hoping to haul some dirt today and do some seeding, but the rain has delayed that for a while.

2 comments:

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Sue does look great and it is so neat to hear she is doing so well, I hope you surgery goes as well.Have a happy Mother's Day Sue. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

Gypsy said...

Sue looks terrific after having just undergone double knee surgery. One is difficult enough. I wish her a speedy recovery and a new life with pain-free knee!