Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Hummer and a Bummer

First the bummer. I had an eye appointment today with an Opthamologist because my eyesight has been deteriorating rather rapidly the past two years.
During those two years the optometrists I had been going to said it was just the aging process. I know I am getting older, but not that fast!
So after about two hours of testing, the diagnosis ....cataracts.
The good news is that the procedure is easy and I will have 20-20 vision and will not need glasses except for reading.
So I guess it really isn't a bummer after all.
The timing is a bit off as Sue still has a long road to recovery after having both knees replaced last Thursday. She is getting along great...considering the almost barbaric process to replace the knees.
My surgery is scheduled for May 31st and June 14th. Since Sue had both knees done at once, I thought maybe the Dr. might be able to do both eyes at the same time. No way he said. Sue wins this round. :)
Now the hummer part of the story.
I saw my first hummingbird of the season this evening on the back deck.
About two weeks ago I put a couple of feeders out so they would have a treat after their long flight "home" for the summer season.
We sure love watching the little birds and at times we are able to see as many as 20 birds feed at the same time.
I will have to stand guard and get some pictures.

No comments: