Thursday, March 3, 2011

Is Spring on the Way?

It has been on the chilly side here in Minnesota with the average temperatures well below normal.
Today we inched above the freezing mark with the possibility of a "major" weather event next Tuesday and Wednesday.
Now I doubt the major weather event will involve warm temperatures so we can all assume that more snow is in the forecast.
So far this season we have received about eight feet of snow. If you count the drifts, put that total in the double digits.
I do have some good news to report. My new John Deere is expected to arrive late today. I was almost afraid that I would not be able to re-arrange snow with it this season...but....anything can (and usually does) happen in March.
I will get some pictures as we christen Mr. Deere with champagne in the next few days.

1 comment:

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

That's good news on the John Deere front, although mine is a baby compared to yours it has been a Godsend this winter, I believe this has been the hardest it's worked since we got it,some winter's you only get it out a couple times , but we were getting him out twice or three times a week for a month straight. Today we will hit 60 degree's so another month and your turn will come. Can't wait to see the pictures and I'll toast it with a high life tonight. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...