Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Blow is Over...Kind of

Yesterday, last night and this morning gave us nine inches of new snow. The bad part was the wind and drifting. We had a few five foot drifts that needed our attention after the 35 mph winds re-arranged the snow for us. The winds have died down to about 20mph and with the temperatures in the single digits, we have wind chills of minus 20 to 30.
For now I have all the snow blowing done. Of course, that wasn't without incident. Each Fall I put up reflectors that stand about four feet tall that line our one-third mile lane. This year I forgot all about them so while on the tractor I had to guess where the lane was. With the big drifts and blowing snow I had to guess where I thought the lane was. Needless to say, I ran the tractor off the lane and buried it. We hooked up the logging chain to the four wheel drive pickup and Sue pulled me out.
I wish I would have gone to work today as it would have been a whole lot easier!
The pictures really don't show the drifts, but at least you will experience a bit of winter at Coyote Ridge.


No comments: