Sunday, November 8, 2009

Well Done!

The above headline is true on several different fronts. Please allow me to explain.
We crawled out of bed Saturday morning at about 6:30 trying to muster up enough courage to face the day.
Sue turned on the bathroom faucet and exclaimed "we have no water." Still in a fog I tried the same faucet apparently thinking I had magical powers. Well, I didn't have the power and yes, we had no water. Thank goodness I filled up the coffee maker the night before!
I ventured down stairs to look at the well equipment with great confidence actually thinking I could solve the dilemma. Once again, I didn't.
My next plan was sure to work. I called the good folks at Jadd Seppman and Sons Well Drilling and Septic Systems. Their after hours service took my name and number and promised someone would call back.
Within two minutes I received a cheery call from Peggy Seppmann offering assistance. I apologized for such an early call on the weekend but in typical Peggy style she said she was up already with coffee in hand and had the sheets in the washing machine. I was OK with the coffee part, but she really got to me with the laundry statement. I have no water Peggy...please don't mention again you are blessed with plenty of it.
She promised someone would be out soon and they were.
These guys were great. They dug right in and started pulling up pipe.




To make a long story short, The pipe going down to the well pump 200 feet below ground was broken in several places causing pump to run constantly. These fine men replaced the well pump and the 200 feet of pipe. Within three hours they were finished and we had water again.
My hat is off to these great people. They are real pros and excellent at customer service.

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

I can imagine how horrible it must be to wake up and have no water. If you know you are going to be without it you can plan ahead and store it. You are fortunate to quick service. Glad it turned out ok.