Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sands Country Cove Campground...Part Two





In my last post I told you about the GREAT campground we stayed at last weekend.

Lois and Curt are wonderful hosts and make the stay very enjoyable.

Of course I have a few more pictures to show you. The first is Sue's giant bullhead...


Soon after Sue caught her trophy, I put on my Bobber Hat and landed a nice fish.


Of course I have a fish story to pass along. I was reeling in a small bullhead and almost had it to the dock when a VERY large Northern Pike literally attacked the tiny Bullhead and started thrashing abound in the water directly below us.

In an instant, the fight was over and both fish were gone. The only thing left was the hook that the pig pike managed to bend flat as opposed to it's normal hook shape. Even tho I lost the fish, it was very exciting!

What would a camping trip be without a campfire? here are a couple of obligatory shots of the weekend fires.



Great people, great place and a great weekend at Sands Country Cove Campground near Butterfield,MN.

Tune in again for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

No comments: