Sunday, May 17, 2009

This and That

It has been a busy weekend so far....working.
Friday evening I mowed the yard again. It is a chore that needs doing about every five days now. That's what I get for fertilizing I guess.

Saturday I de-winterized the camper. That entails flushing the water lines of RV antifreeze that it put in last fall. I also ran several tanks of water and bleach through the water holding tank and water lines to disinfect the system. The plumbing system is all set!

I also vacuumed the entire rig and pulled out some of the things we did not need....like a dozen AA batteries! Considering the only AA battery needed is for the TV remote, I think we are safe.

Sue cleaned out a few more beds and I helped put the garden in. We downsized the plot again this year by about 120 square feet. There was still plenty of room for a dozen tomato plants, two hills of pole beans, one hill of lemon cucumbers, lettuce, herbs and flowers.

We also a putting the finishing touches on the new bathroom door on the main level. It had a pocket slider that just didn't cut it. All that remains to do now is a coat of urethane after the stain sets up and some trim work to frame it in.

The construction crews that re-did the living room and dining room were kind of hard on the front deck this past winter. They wore the finish off it by dragging refuse and construction materials over it. I first coated the really bad spots Saturday and will need to apply another coat soon.

We are knocking off a few small projects this morning then plan to pick up a few building supplies and go geocaching after it warms up.

I will post some pictures real soon.

Tune in again real soon for another edition of "Now What Are They Doing?"

No comments: