Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cougar Ridge Instead Of Coyote Ridge?

Some weird stuff here at Coyote Ridge of late.
Here is the story....The other night we were letting the dogs out one last time for the night. As usual, we shined the big spotlight around the property to check for monsters.
All of a sudden we spotted these bright gold eyes looking back at us. The animal then looked like it jumped and we lost sight of it.
The next morning Sue looked out the kitchen window and spotted a full size cougar standing in the back yard near the tree line. By the time she grabbed the camera it was gone.
I called the DNR and they said at this point they could not do anything about the cougar.
I just received our trail camera back from the repair facility Friday and had not set it back out yet. If I had had the camera in it's normal hiding place, we would have caught the big cat on "digital film".
The camera is now in it's place and working fine as you can see in this picture of me caught in the headlights.

Not that I am paranoid, but you can see my trusty 9mm holstered on my hip....just in case the 150 pound cat decides to attack!

Please do stay tuned because I think some really cool pictures are about to be created here at Coyote Ridge.

2 comments:

Gypsy said...

DOUBLE WOW!

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Since they have been allowed almost protected status in most areas, cougars are making a comeback, even in Pennsyvania,where there have been sightings, we had a sighting here in O'Fallon MO. I'm like you until you are sure and the animal is moved to a less populated area I would keep a weapon of choice handt to protect my stock & family. Be safe out there , Sam & Donna.